Book reviews

Book reviews with a Boston bent. Be it a book that takes place in Boston, or was written by a writer from Boston. Or one on the history of Boston. From comic book to graphic novels to the strange and weird. If it is about Boston you will find it here

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday two questions


I have been asking a lot of questions lately. Pumping a friend for information on setting up this blog. Silly stuff I have not had to think about with my personal blog. I want this blog to be special, to share my love of all things Boston and Greater Boston with the world. I started this blog because I had a need of my own, a need to share humorous quotes, enjoyable stories, just to see Boston.

I am still kind of foggy about this. I am far more use to talking about my dog than my reading habits. My cat's love affair with the Hammond Organ, instead of what John Adams said. I'm going to try.


So as a way to start I am going to do a meme from Self Sagacity

1 - Well since this blog's topic is books written about Boston, please let me know if you have a favorite fiction book where the story happens in Boston?

--- For me that would be Future Boston: The History of a City 1990- 2100

2- What part of the country is under represented in fiction?

--- I have no answer for this myself, which to me means I am missing out on some good writing.

Well here we go...


6 comments:

  1. If I remember right The Scarlet Letter took place in Boston. Also I just finished one called The Rebellion of Jane Clarke that mostly took place in Boston.

    I can't think of a place either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...I'm clueless on both questions. =( Nice linking up with you. Unfortunately today, I don't have T2Q post, but feel free to...

    Check it out…Q is for Quiet Time
    50 Q&A, Part 4 of 5l
    Your friend,
    Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog and place chosen. I also like the Chicogo Times too.
    As to your questions, I haven't read any books on Boston, but it would be an excellent subject.
    Since I haven't done #1, I am looking forward to #2 from your blog reviews. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I couldn't answer any of your questions. I live in the UK, but I know that's no excuse for not knowing.

    Just dropping by as I'm also taking part in TTQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, BTW, I have a blog that teaches lots of blogging tips and tricks to new bloggers. You may find it useful. Just click on my name and it should take you to my profile page. The name of the blog is, A Blogger's Books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked THE LACE READER, which was set in Salem. I was born there and grew up in the area so it was fun for me to read. As for underrepresented? I don't know!

    ReplyDelete