Book reviews

Book reviews with a Boston bent. Be it a book that takes place in Boston, or was written by a writer from Boston. Or one on the history of Boston. From comic book to graphic novels to the strange and weird. If it is about Boston you will find it here

Friday, October 21, 2011

Restarting this thing

I have been doing a lot of reading, taking lots of notes in order to review books here. Doing every thing but posting said book reviews. Going to kick start myself by doing this.

Doing a selfsagacity meme, but for some reason the code will not transfer over.


1- Is my world big or small
--- Personally I have to say my world is big, not big big, but medium size big. I know people from all different walks of life, I have profiles in way to many networking sites to keep track of.

2- How do you feel about being known? Would you like to be famous?
--- It is kind of fun to be known, to talk to someone who has heard of me, or reads one of my many blogs, or comments in other blogs. In a way it helps in that I do not have to introduce my self. Someone who reads my personal blog already knows about my health issues, already knows I have a service dog. I think some times that my service dog is the famous one, and I am just along for the ride.

My two questions

1- Have you ever read a memoir of someone who suffered from an illness? One of my favorite is All in my head as a person who suffers from an invisible illness her struggles to find a cure had real resonance for me.

2- Have you ever meet a person for the first time, who you knew a little bit because you had read their blog?



4 comments:

  1. Hi, it's been a while, glad to see you again. Hope you are finding your way in this blogging business.
    1) Yes I have. About three that were very close to me. They were my clients, all suffered from cancer. I watched them go through it until the last day. It was horrible and stressful.
    2) No, I have never met anyone in person, but vice verse, I know people, then I go to read their blog and it isn't what I would have thought they might be from knowing them...this is a great subject BTW-
    Thanks for hanging out with us this week. Remember to play again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the second one happen to me, when I sent an email volunteering to help out at the Fluff Festival. The person organizing the volunteers was so excited to get a chance to talk to me.

    I'll try to get better about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I've not read a memoir but I remember watching the documentary of Farrah Fawcett going through the stages of her cancer and thinking to myself, I could never be that brave.

    2. I have so many blogging friends online though have not met any in person thus far. I think it would be fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I've not read a memoir but I've watched biographies of some people.

    2. I haven't yet met any bloggy friends in RL but I hope to.

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete