Book reviews

Book reviews with a Boston bent. Be it a book that takes place in Boston, or was written by a writer from Boston. Or one on the history of Boston. From comic book to graphic novels to the strange and weird. If it is about Boston you will find it here

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I wish I had been able to listen to this today

 I was on the Pike for a good part of today's episode of NPR Here and Here and Now I really like the program, but WBUR has a tendency to skip on the research some times. Since I am quite the nut about Boston and her history I can always catch the mistakes. While they are not massive mistakes, but things that should have been caught by a fact checker; or any one with a good history class under their belt it bothers me.  No it more than bothers me, it makes me angry. If they are not researching the stories about Boston well enough to suit me, well what else are the messing up?   I'm no historian, but honestly...

So I was driving out to my sisters and heard this story Black Pilgrim - Puritan and wished I could have called in.  They made the mistake of calling all 102 passengers on the Mayflower Pilgrims, when in fact  only 37 people on the ship were members of the Leiden congregation, which is what they called themselves.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment